Your Game in Spanish
Pro Video Game Localization
The one guy behind this
Santiago de Miguel
Hi there! My name is Santiago de Miguel, I’m an avid gamer and a Latin American (LatAm) Spanish Video Game Localization Specialist, and I’ve translated dozens of games, from AAA titles to casual mobile games. I’ll personally be your translator, tester, consultant, and account manager if you trust me with your video game localization project!
Click here to learn more about me
Favorite game: Bioshock Infinite!
You can also check out my LinkedIn profile and my personal website.
- Postgraduate degree in New Technologies Applied to Translation.
- Degree in English-Spanish (LatAm) Technical, Scientific, and Literary Translation.
- Diploma in Spanish Proofreading.
- Freelance EN-ES localization and multilingual project management for a mobile game, app, and media platform developer.
- Freelance EN-ES localization for a mobile game developer.
- Relevant projects: Xuan Yuan Sword 7 (Softstar), Warpath (Lilith Games), Rise of Kingdoms (Lilith Games), online AAA first person shooter, remake of an award-winning real time strategy game, popular multiplayer online battle arena game, well-known hack and slash RPG, open world space exploration adventure, popular educational game aimed at teaching children how to code, many other action and mobile games (cannot state names due to NDA restrictions).
- Computer assisted translation, subtitling, and video game localization tutor at various translators associations and universities.
- Introduction to Narrative Design for Video Games (Domestika).
- Introduction to Python Programming (EducaciónIT).
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python (Udemy).
- Localization Essentials (Google, Udacity).
- Translate and Localize Video Games Like a Pro (Pablo Muñoz Sánchez, Traduversia).
- How Mobile Video Game Localization Works (Etermax).
- Video Game Localization: An Introduction (Eugenia Arrés).
- Video Game Localization course (Federico Faccio)
Throughout the years, I met super talented colleagues who work in other specialties, Spanish variants and even languages. So, if your game is particularly large or you want it localized into more than one language, I can gather the perfect team of pros and manage the project myself to ensure a timely delivery.
Unlike huge companies, I can provide you with a tailored, top-quality localization service without the trouble of dealing with long chains of command.
for developers and localization agencies
The amazing stuff I can do for you
Helping you internationalize your video game to ensure a flawless localization. Not sure what languages to localize you game into? I can help with that, too!
TRANSLATION AND LOCALIZATION
Translating and localizing user interface elements, dialogues, scripts, websites, marketing texts, game guides, patch notes, subtitles, esports articles, and more.
SEO and ASO
Choosing the perfect words to improve your ranking on game stores and search engines.
Finding context mistakes, truncated text, and grammar errors by playing the game. Don’t become the next localization meme!
Localizing your video game into other Spanish variants and even other languages.
Crafting customized glossaries and translation memories to ensure a consistent localization.
Latin America is one of the world’s fastest-growing gaming markets (Bizztech.io)
Don’t miss the boat!
I’d love to brag about all the amazing games I’ve helped localize, but most of my work is under strict NDAs. You can still get an idea below!
Spanish is the fourth most-selected language on Steam, right after Chinese, Russian, and English (Statista.com)
What my clients say
Santiago is a very proactive professional with extensive experience in video game and app localization projects. He easily adapted to our workflow and understood the value of responsibility and deadlines, allowing him to tackle every project we carried out together.
In 2015, I met Santiago and started working with him. He combines hard-work, flexibility, and proactivity. He always delivers his translations on time and the quality of his work is really good. I strongly recommend working with him because he is a great professional and an excellent person.
Santiago is always ready to go. He has provided quality translations for multiple games.
Get in Touch
Start your next localization project now!